Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Enchiladas

One good way to use up leftover chicken or other ingredients is to make enchiladas. 

This is a recipe I have made several times, both with chicken and also with leftover pot roast that I shredded.

I used to hate making enchiladas because it seemed cumbersome to fill them all one by one, and I never knew how much "stuff" to put in each one to make it come out right.

But then I discovered a new system:

I put them out on my table and make my own little assembly line.

Just be careful if you have one of these:
unless of course yours is a perfect angel who wouldn't think of helping himself when you're looking the other way.  Let's just say it's good that more than 12 tortillas came in the package.  And I had to re-distribute my chicken.  And Nash got put in another room until I finished my project.

So, I distributed all the fillings evenly, rolled them up and Voilà!  I had one pan ready to go in the oven for dinner tonight and one to put in the freezer for another night.  Of course, if you have more people to feed, you can put them all into one big pan.
I'm sort of a systematic person, so this works well for me.  And now I don't hate making enchiladas anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment