Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Introduction

What a pathetic-sounding name for a blog!

It's really not THAT bad, is it?

I'm doing this blog to share the things I am learning in my day-to-day journey.  I have another blog that is for family and friends (or anyone who cares) to read about the more personal things in my life, but this one is designed to appeal to a greater section of the general public.  I plan to share recipes, parenting tips, ways I economize and whatever else I come up with that I think might be useful to others.

"Poor" refers to the fact that I am a stay-at-home mom.  We're not really poor (in fact, I believe we're rich in many ways that don't pertain to money).  We're getting by financially, but I often have to cut corners and economize to make sure our ends keep meeting.  These are some of the things I will be writing about.  I actually kind of consider it an adventure.  I'd rather be staying at home with my son than anything else, so I don't mind making a few sacrifices along the way.

"Old."  I'm not kidding about that.  I am 46 and have a two-year-old.    That's not the way I planned for things to work out, but my son is a wonderful blessing in my life, and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Even so, I'm "tired."  Chasing a toddler is a lot of work, and it wears me out some days.  I have my strategies for making it work though, and I'll be sharing some of those too.

I hope the things I share will be helpful to others, and that many can relate (although I've come to the conclusion that when you're a 46-year-old mom of a two-year-old, you can't completely relate to anyone).  But I like to think being an older mom has given me time to acquire some extra wisdom, although, like most parents, I'm still learning as I go.

The cast of characters you'll likely be reading about include my husband, Don, who is nearly, but not quite, as old as I am.  We have been married for 7-1/2 years, and I thank God every day for giving him to me.

My son's name is Cooper.  Here he is, using my tortilla press as a laptop.  See, he's already learning to economize!  Actually, he is full of antics and, while I'll try not to brag too much about him (I'll save that for my other blog), it may come out from time to time.  That's just what moms do.

And then there's Nash, my cockapoo.  We currently call him "Velcro Dog," because he is badly in need of a haircut and everything sticks to him.  I usually give him a haircut in March (yes, I do it myself, to save money), but so far it hasn't been warm enough that I can do it and not feel guilty about it.

So that's me.  I'm sure you'll learn more about me along the way as I write.  And hopefully you'll learn a few useful things as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment